Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » The Big Beat - Fats Domino (dvd)
The Big Beat - Fats Domino [message #5604] Sat, 27 August 2016 21:46 Go to next message
Lonely Summer is currently offline  Lonely Summer
Last night, I watched the dvd The Big Beat - Fats Domino and the Rise of Rock 'n' Roll. Yes, Richard is mentioned in it several times, he is seen singing Tutti Frutti and Long Tall Sally, and they discuss his using Dave Bartholemew's band on the Specialty sessions. Would be nice if we could get a nice documentary like this about Little Richard. Unlike Fats, he is a great interview - most of Fats' interview footage is from an audio only recording, although there are brief clips of him at home in 2010. The highlight for me was the bonus footage of him playing piano at home. The man still has it.
Re: The Big Beat - Fats Domino [message #5644 is a reply to message #5604] Thu, 31 August 2017 07:39 Go to previous message
Lonely Summer is currently offline  Lonely Summer
Yeah, it's a good dvd, although they kind of cut his career off at 1960, and he did a lot of good stuff after that. Fats is very shy, doesn't like to talk about himself. We still need a high quality docu/bio of Richard. There's certainly lots of footage available, and i'm sure the man himself would gladly sit for another interview.
Previous Topic: Chuck Berry rest in peace...
Next Topic: Little Richard's worst songs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Feb 27 11:53:33 EET 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01004 seconds