Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » LR on youtube from '75 (?)
LR on youtube from '75 (?) [message #1680] Sun, 24 February 2008 05:12
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
Just took note [no pun] of "Little Richard Explains The Origins Of Tutti Frutti" on youtube. I believe this short clip is from a longer piece which included "Rip It Up". It is very likely that it was filmed for local TV use in the New York Area, to promote his appearance at the Radio City Music Hall, Oct. 15 or 16 to Oct. 21 or 22, 1975.

I went to two shows, as I recall, the opening and closing shows.
First show, if memory serves: Lucille / Good Golly, Miss Molly / In The Name (twice) - Richard mentions that Charley Pride has recorded the tune! / Rip It Up / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (?) / "Ooh Poo Pah Doo" (?) / Long Tall Sally (?).

Last show: Lucille / Good Golly, Miss Molly / Rip It Up / Tutti Frutti / Pick It Up [presumptive title for a spoken song to a Junior Walker/"Shotgun" kind of beat; Richard plays rockin' square-dance leader as dozens of ecstatic fans dance all around him - where, oh where, were the cameras then??] / Steal Miss Liza (Steal Liza Jane) - recited / Call My Name / Long Tall Sally.

Richard's entrance was beyond spectacular! The curtain opened and there he stood, majestically, with arms outstretched in his long robe, atop a enormous tubular pedestal, perhaps 35 feet above the stage.

The finale show was well-attended. Opening day/night had less people. Other artists on the bill: Bo Diddley and the Shirelles.

It appears that this was at the end of his 1975 world tour. It's been reported that some concerts overseas were beyond wild, especially in Lyons, France, in June. It seems that the human dynamo was pacing himself by October, as his 42 year old frame, though still more than roadworthy, was roadweary.

Beau
Previous Topic: Little Richard medleys
Next Topic: Wiki - Cash Box Charts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 12 21:08:13 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00882 seconds