Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » Need help to find a late 60s recording og LR (Recording)
Need help to find a late 60s recording og LR [message #1844] Sun, 20 April 2008 00:11 Go to next message
ramon is currently offline  ramon
Hi folks,

In late 70s I got hooked on LRs music. Once I went to a music store and bought two cassettes of Little Richard. One of them was music from late 60s. It was very funky, soulful, horns. The tracks were among others:

I`m back
Send me some lovin
Directly from my heart
Holy Mackerel
Miss Ann
Good Golly Miss Molly
Do the Jerk

Well, I have lost the cassette and I am desperately trying to find these recordings on CD. I think that the label could have been french or something ( I live in Norway and I bought it here).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Ramon
Re: Need help to find a late 60s recording og LR [message #1845 is a reply to message #1844] Sun, 20 April 2008 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NJCRN is currently offline  NJCRN
Good Morning Ramon...if you will see the post titled Review of CD: The Wild and Frantic Little Richard you will have your answer. I got mine from England (the BimBam site). It has all the titles you listed and many more. Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: Need help to find a late 60s recording og LR [message #1846 is a reply to message #1844] Sun, 20 April 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Man, you had a *cassette* of "The Wild & Frantic Little Richard"?! Keep searching that attic!!!
Re: Need help to find a late 60s recording og LR [message #1847 is a reply to message #1846] Mon, 21 April 2008 22:33 Go to previous message
ramon is currently offline  ramon
Yeah, a cassette, and, I bought it in a little music shop in Trondheim, a small town in Norway... I really hope that the new CD is the same recording - that recording is unlike anything I have heard of LR - the 60s recordings usually have some dry r&b guitar going - early Jimi Hendrix. The only way to find out is buy it. Thanks for the help!!

Ramon
Previous Topic: Five Ways to Tell If You're A Little Richard Fan
Next Topic: New Little Richard track "I Ain't Never"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 12 21:36:03 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00734 seconds