Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » New Orleans (Show on April 24, 2008)
New Orleans [message #1861] Sat, 26 April 2008 00:39 Go to next message
NJCRN is currently offline  NJCRN
Folks, I am on the dead side of brain dead from travel and rockin' and rollin' but here is a short clip, with more to follow when the fog has cleared. Richard was oh-so-awesome last night in New Orleans. He was dressed all in white with silver trim and he absolutely glowed. Songs included many of the classics as well as "Baby What You Want Me to Do", which was the first time I heard this live. He looked like he felt well and was in great voice. I'll fill in the gaps by Sunday...Rock on...Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: New Orleans [message #1862 is a reply to message #1861] Sun, 27 April 2008 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if I confused anyone with the "short clip" comment. I meant it journalistically as in "a small part of". Video is not allowed and I would never do that. Another audience member took some excellent photos and I will be glad to forward those if you want them. I will write a longer note about the show tonight or tomorrow. Thanks...Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: New Orleans [message #1863 is a reply to message #1861] Sun, 27 April 2008 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolfgangguhl is currently offline  wolfgangguhl
Photos are not allowed either...
Re: New Orleans [message #1868 is a reply to message #1863] Mon, 28 April 2008 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this venue they were allowed from the audience, but not on the stage. I would never be so rude as to flaunt the rules. Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: New Orleans [message #1869 is a reply to message #1861] Mon, 28 April 2008 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolfgangguhl is currently offline  wolfgangguhl
Richard does not allow any photos being taken.

Concerning rules, I only follow them when they make sense. Or would you follow a rule that says "Jump out of the window", too?
Re: New Orleans [message #1870 is a reply to message #1869] Mon, 28 April 2008 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
It's important to ask an attendant/guide if the artist will allow photographs. If he/she does, the fan must learn if it's only for a certain segment of the show, and from what vantage point. Also, if flashbulbs are allowed!

The First Nurse of R & R did the respectful thing.

You want your picture taken after working in the backyard for two hours? The human element, my friend.

Let's all enjoy the true King and realize that he came back more than once to rock and roll for us. He's now 75. If he wants his shows represented a certain way, that's the way to go.

Of course Richard came up with Chuck and Elvis and Fats and the Everlys, Ruth Brown, Lavern Baker, and Hank Ballard. They forged a new medium, and...learned the hard way. All should have made about a half a billion.

Oh my Soul!

Beau
Re: New Orleans [message #1872 is a reply to message #1861] Mon, 28 April 2008 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was going to expand on my post about the New Orleans performance, but it seems my posts are somehow taken wrong and I garner only sarcastic replies, so I choose to no longer put myself out there for that. I will post when I am going to see a show and if any of you want to hear about it let me know and I'll email it to you. Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: New Orleans [message #1873 is a reply to message #1872] Tue, 29 April 2008 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Robinson is currently offline  Michael Robinson
Hi Nancy

You are obviously someone who cares about and respects Little Richard - which is the reason we're here - and you always try to do the right thing. Your posts are greatly appreciated by Richard fans, so please don't be put off.

Wish I could have been at the show in New Orleans - or any of the others you've described for us.

Best wishes

Michael
Re: New Orleans [message #1874 is a reply to message #1873] Tue, 29 April 2008 14:24 Go to previous message
Thank you, Michael. As one who most certainly does revere and respect LR, I appreciate it when someone understands that. If you would like to read the expanded version of the show, email me at NJCRN@aol.com and I will send it to you. Rock on...Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Previous Topic: LITTLE RICHARD LIVE ON NETWORK TV
Next Topic: live CD Europe 1993
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 12 20:56:45 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01528 seconds