Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! (Barry Richards Show DVD/CD finally available!!)
Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! [message #4508] Fri, 04 March 2011 11:03 Go to next message
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
Oh My Soul! I just ordered two copies of BR, Vol. 1, which includes a CD with "The Barry Richards Theme" by the True King - shown as "unreleased Little Richard Song"!

1 May 2011 is the due date.

http://www.barryrichardsshows.com

Beau
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4512 is a reply to message #4508] Sun, 06 March 2011 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
Learned that in addition to the live video performance of GGMM, we get the full-length "The Barry Richards Show" theme on CD plus a 15-minute interview; a live a capella of "Poor Boy Paul" is also in the mix!
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4948 is a reply to message #4512] Wed, 12 October 2011 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodrocking is currently offline  goodrocking
Just received the Barry Richards Show DVD/CD set!

Played all the Little Richard parts plus the four songs by Fats Domino with the Byrds!

We get the full take of the "Barry Richards Show Theme" by LR - great vocal and band effort - real mid-'60s Rock and Soul uptempo dance workout. Sounds fairly improvised by Richard.

We got a full-length "Good Golly, Miss Molly" with the two stop-time features ("early, early morning" and "goin' to the corner") with the group Jamul. Richard looks great and looks happy.

There's also plenty of Interview stuff, including an incredible a cappella "Poor Boy Paul"!

I'm very pleased.

Beau
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4950 is a reply to message #4948] Thu, 13 October 2011 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Robinson is currently offline  Michael Robinson
Thanks for the information. Sounds great! I've ordered my copy.

Michael
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4951 is a reply to message #4948] Sat, 15 October 2011 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting!

http://hardfeelings.wordpress.com/tag/little-richard/

Beau
Re: Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! [message #4955 is a reply to message #4508] Wed, 19 October 2011 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WDCA fan is currently offline  WDCA fan
Glad you guys are enjoying this. It was a ton of work and it was done for hard core fans like you. I was listening back to the interview and noticed that Richard mentions being part of what became "Catch My Soul".. among other things...

"Let it all hang out with Jamul!" is the best line of the whole DVD though!
Re: Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! [message #4956 is a reply to message #4955] Wed, 19 October 2011 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sensational clips - diverse yet with "roots" material! Can't wait for Volume 2!!

GoodRocking Beau
Re: Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! [message #4957 is a reply to message #4955] Sat, 22 October 2011 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Love the part where BR says that Richard's new record. "Poor Dog.." was at humber 24 on the WURL charts! Wonder how high the record reached?

On this site we have a (Global) "Charts" wiki. It would great to know of Richard WURL hits, from 1966 to 1973!!

Thanks, Goodrocking Beau
Re: Unreleased Classic Little Richard!! [message #4964 is a reply to message #4508] Sun, 30 October 2011 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xsnoopx is currently offline  xsnoopx
HI_ALL___Test
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4965 is a reply to message #4948] Mon, 31 October 2011 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Robinson is currently offline  Michael Robinson
Just received my copy of the Barry Richards DVD/CD set and it's a treasure! Richard is in top form on Good Golly Miss Molly and I like the interview segment very much that concludes with the unaccompanied Poor Boy Paul. Also it's great to have the full Barry Richards Theme.

Well worth the investment for Richard fans. And there is some wonderful footage of Fats Domino for enthusiasts of the Fat Man. Nice performance of Mojo by Muddy Waters, too.

Thanks again, Beau, for the tip.

Michael
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4966 is a reply to message #4965] Wed, 02 November 2011 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, You're welcome! Keep on rockin'!! Beau
Re: Barry Richards! [message #4995 is a reply to message #4966] Sat, 10 December 2011 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well a-a-a-a-alright!

Love the Barry Richards set! Can anyone tell this LR fan if the group playing behind Richard on the "B. R. Theme" are The Upsetters?

Thanks,

My-my-my-my,
Beau
Video content Re: Barry Richards! [message #5609 is a reply to message #4965] Sun, 25 September 2016 20:52 Go to previous message
olaf
Michael Robinson wrote on Mon, 31 October 2011 14:14
Just received my copy of the Barry Richards DVD/CD set and it's a treasure! Richard is in top form on Good Golly Miss Molly and I like the interview segment very much that concludes with the unaccompanied Poor Boy Paul. Also it's great to have the full Barry Richards Theme.

Well worth the investment for Richard fans. ...

Hi folks!

Long time ago is the info above, which has been written about the Barry Richards DVD.

Please, can you tell me if

-the unaccompanied Poor Boy Paul and
-the Barry Richards Theme (showing Little Richard + band playing?)
-the interview with Little Richard

are on the DVD as video, too?

Or are they only on CD?

The information on http://www.barryrichardsshows.com/ does not really tell it to me.

Heared the acapella on this CD https://www.discogs.com/Little-Richard-Well-Alright/release/ 8896285 for the first time.
Would be great to have a video...

Kind regards, Olaf

Kind regards, Olaf
Previous Topic: Cover Band "The Little Richards"
Next Topic: Modern recordings released on CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Feb 27 11:56:26 EET 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00871 seconds