Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » Good Day For Richard
Good Day For Richard [message #1673] Thu, 21 February 2008 12:13 Go to next message
NJCRN is currently offline  NJCRN
I just thought it was odd that there were no new posts about anything, so I made one! Let's all pray mightily for Richard today so that he will have a wonderful, peaceful and as pain free as possible day. We love you, Richard...Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Re: Good Day For Richard [message #1676 is a reply to message #1673] Fri, 22 February 2008 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
Thanks, First Nurse Of Rock!

It's fun, and energizing to study all the details of the superstar who has defied all laws of physics in his display of talent! I'll never stop researching those instrumentals on "Friends From The Beginning", or trying to understand why all the songs in that "It Ain't Watcha Do" session have not been released in true stereo. And after revisiting The Beatles' White Album, still being amazed at how McCartney still relied on the Penniman musical imprint to succeed with songs like "Oh-Bla-Di-Bla-Da" [please refer to "Poor Boy Paul" (no tie-in) on LR's "Shag On Down...Vol. 2 and you'll be stunned at the similarity]; on "Helter Skelter", "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" - while the world was frantically debating on who played drums on "Back In The U.S.S.R", the Master was apparently without a record contract!!

But back to the New Topic: yes, sometimes it's nice to "stop and smell the roses" - a title to a Ringo Starr album - and remember to be grateful for the Gift of Humanity as exemplified by Little Richard and the Gift of Music which he continues to send even as he has faced certain physical challenges.

Into 2008, he still is willing to face and fight the odds for his fans! Of all the '50s Originators, who is more determined to walk among the "little people"? - none other than "Little" Richard - he didn't even change that name when he turned to Gospel!! A Big man.

Beau
Re: Good Day For Richard [message #1686 is a reply to message #1673] Tue, 26 February 2008 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Nancy,
That was a nice thing to do - to ask for those who care to pray for Richard! God bless you for doing so.
Rob Donison
Re: Good Day For Richard [message #1692 is a reply to message #1686] Wed, 27 February 2008 22:17 Go to previous message
NJCRN is currently offline  NJCRN
Hi, Rob...thanks for your reply. As a person who knows of, believes in and has experienced the power of prayer I try to extend it's blessings to many folks. I've seen Richard several times in the last year and he continues to astound me. I am aware that he is in a good deal of pain quite often and as debilitationg as that is, he still continues to be on the road and offer his unique gifts to us all. Since I have reaped so much joy from his efforts, I thought it might be nice if I did my best to return the favor. Nurse Nancy

Richard Lover!
Previous Topic: Wiki - Cash Box Charts
Next Topic: Little Richard on youtube
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 10 07:59:02 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01280 seconds