Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » live CD Europe 1993
live CD Europe 1993 [message #1864] Sun, 27 April 2008 14:05 Go to next message
xavier38200 is currently offline  xavier38200
Shocked
Howdy folks,
I've just got back from a traveling...in East of France yesterday at a Rock'n'Roll Show (great, great Rayburn Anthony and the utmost RAY CAMPI) and found right there at a record stand a CD still unknown to me, from Europe 1993 tour of LR. Apparently a bootleg, with great colour pictures, complete touring band line-up (Travis Wammack Sr. & Jr., etc). FANTASTIC interpretations of old songs, nice piano to the fore, Richard in very great voice +++ Joy, joy, joy, a 7'13 long rendition of "(there's) no place like home, Baby don't you tear my clothes, ooh pooh pah doo, Peace in the valley, Rock & Roll music. All in all, a very very nice entrance in my LR Collection, even with a short "Pinetop's boogie woogie" instro at the piano. If you can find it, don't miss it - maybe reviewed earlier on the Forum? It's called "LR Live in Europe 1993 - The greatest Rock & Roll Show on Earth" - no label, no number.25 tunes in all
Re: live CD Europe 1993 [message #1865 is a reply to message #1864] Sun, 27 April 2008 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
To me, it's the best 'live' album available by Richard. Good out-front piano, rockin' band, and some great tracks like his own compo "No Place Like Home". All the tracks rock except for the poorest version of "Ooh Poo Pah Doo" I've ever heard. He has much superior versions of this on various tv shows and live concerts. This is the greatest live show on earth-the king in top form. Paul.
Re: live CD Europe 1993 [message #1866 is a reply to message #1865] Sun, 27 April 2008 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
CD has been seen on Amazon, so perhaps it's "unauthorized", not implying that Amazon condones that. As I recall, the label/co. was listed.

Bootlegs are certainly unauthorized, but certain unathorized products are not Bootlegs. (And I *didn't* go to law school!).

I hope the fans use the Record Co. reference list on the Wiki and compose friendly requests for the real-rill deal gathering vaultdust.
Re: live CD Europe 1993 [message #1879 is a reply to message #1865] Sat, 03 May 2008 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Sad The LR compo "There's no place like home" seems to be a traditional. Last time I heard it was a mere 20 years ago, sung by Elvis Presley, on "Million dollar quartet" double LP (Charly). Date of recording: january 4th, 1957.
Re: live CD Europe 1993 [message #1880 is a reply to message #1879] Sat, 03 May 2008 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timo is currently offline  timo
Administrator
Anonymous wrote on Sat, 03 May 2008 17:21

Sad The LR compo "There's no place like home" seems to be a traditional. Last time I heard it was a mere 20 years ago, sung by Elvis Presley, on "Million dollar quartet" double LP (Charly). Date of recording: january 4th, 1957.
The traditional is a different song.

Timo
Re: live CD Europe 1993 [message #1881 is a reply to message #1865] Sat, 03 May 2008 22:31 Go to previous message
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
Hi Paul,

Best version I ever heard was on The Midnight Special, August of 1974. I heard 5 LR songs that night and by far, "Ooh Poo Pah Doo" was the tightest!

I was very disappointed when said rendition didn't make the cut to the recent DVD-set.

Beau
Previous Topic: New Orleans
Next Topic: Little Richard on a achildren's show?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 10 08:01:45 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01337 seconds