Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » Bootleg wiki listings
Bootleg wiki listings [message #3108] Thu, 23 April 2009 20:14 Go to next message
timo is currently offline  timo
Administrator

Bootlegs in wiki[ 3 votes ]
1. Yes, go ahead and list! 0 / 0%
2. No, how can you even suggest? 2 / 67%
3. Whatever 1 / 33%

Seems to be a good point to try out the polls. So, what do you think, should bootleg records be included in the wiki or not?

Timo
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #3113 is a reply to message #3108] Fri, 24 April 2009 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
timo wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 18:14

Seems to be a good point to try out the polls. So, what do you think, should bootleg records be included in the wiki or not?

As fans I think we are all interested in anything Richard sings on.
I had no knowledge of the Koala album until recently.

BUT - if they are to be included the Wiki should CLEARLY mark the illegal and bootleg records. The same goes for the mysterious 'speculative' recordings that appear there too, and perhaps some explanation of where the information about them comes from - if it comes from anywhere at all.

For instance, in 1992 I was working for a record producer friend here in London. He approached Richard with a view to recording him, but there was no agreement. BUT - the backing tracks already existed. Should I therefore put these down as 'speculative? Rolling Eyes
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #3130 is a reply to message #3108] Fri, 24 April 2009 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timo is currently offline  timo
Administrator
I was hoping for a little more votes, so, I allowed anonymous voting. This poll is on for a week only.

Timo
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #3132 is a reply to message #3113] Fri, 24 April 2009 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beau Z. is currently offline  Beau Z.
So Richard never recorded vocals to backing tracks he did not play on? If that's the fact...then we have nothing.

Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #4628 is a reply to message #3132] Thu, 21 April 2011 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
Beau Z. wrote on Fri, 24 April 2009 21:16
So Richard never recorded vocals to backing tracks he did not play on? If that's the fact...then we have nothing.

I agree 100%.
I know for a fact the vocals were never recorded so the information is solid. But had someone stumbled across the information, or I had posted something unclear about it somewhere the information may have been speculated upon and a vocal assumed to exist.

So I know of course Beezy you agree the same has to apply to the 'speculative' recordings becuase thats all they are, specualtion.
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #4629 is a reply to message #4628] Thu, 21 April 2011 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dendro46 is currently offline  dendro46
Hi Timo. I would say Go ahead, if they are listed as bootlegs. Anything with the man is interesting, to my mind.

Greetings from Denmark, Vagn
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #4630 is a reply to message #4629] Thu, 21 April 2011 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dendro46 is currently offline  dendro46
Hey, sorry. I just looked at the previous dates. I thought this vote was a new thing.
Re: Bootleg wiki listings [message #4631 is a reply to message #4630] Fri, 22 April 2011 15:12 Go to previous message
Anonymous
dendro46 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2011 21:35
Hey, sorry. I just looked at the previous dates. I thought this vote was a new thing.

Hi Dendro - t he poll is closed but the topic is still valid I think. Smile
Previous Topic: HOLY MACKERAL!
Next Topic: Little Richard - Tribute to Otis Redding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 10 07:10:41 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds