Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » New 2-CD with rare live recordings (Paris, Mad Russian, Boston Tea Party)
New 2-CD with rare live recordings (Paris, Mad Russian, Boston Tea Party) [message #5566] Sun, 10 January 2016 13:44 Go to next message
olaf
LITTLE RICHARD - LIVE SWEAT
Limited edition 2 CD set - Rare Live recordings
BOOMERANG LABEL BR-CD051232

You can find it on http://www.bim-bam.com/index.html
Go to Sale Section ( http://www.bim-bam.com/sale.html )
Search for Little Richard or Live Sweat.

Contents info taken from the mentioned page:

Track listing:
OLYMPIA THEATRE, PARIS (December 13, 1966) with The Quotations: Lucille, Good Golly Miss Molly, Rip It Up, Long Tall Sally, Tutti Frutti, Jenny Jenny, Send Me Some Lovin', Ready Teddy, She's Got It, Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

OLYMPIA THEATRE, PARIS (June 4, 1964): Hound Dog

MAD RUSSIAN, BOSTON MA (October 9 & 11, 1968) - with The Crown Jewels: Introduction, Lucille, Keep A Knockin', Send Me Some Lovin', Banter, Miss Ann, Slippin' And Slidin', Rip It Up, Tutti Frutti, Banter, The Girl Can't Help It, Ready Teddy, Jenny Jenny, Long Tall Sally, Good Golly Miss Molly, Blueberry Hill, Bony Maronie, Shake A Hand, Jenny Jenny, Long Tall Sally

Promo for WTBS Radiob (October 12, 1968): THE DISCOPHONIC SCENE - hosted by Jerry Blavat (1966): Introduction, True Fine Mama, Lucille

Backstory - Little Richard at The Boston Tea Party

BOSTON TEA PARTY, BOSTON MA (May 1970): Lucille, Good Golly Miss Molly, Blueberry Hill, The Midnight Special, Ooh Poo Pah Doo, When The Saints, Be-Bop-A-Lula, Rip It Up, Dew Drop Inn, Tutti Frutti, Long Tall Sally, Roll Over Beethoven, Bo Diddley, I Saw Her Standing There, Miss Ann, Directly From My Heart, (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay)

Great booklet (approx. 40 pages) with many rare photographs to me and the liner notes (not complete) taken from the album The Hottest Beat In Town - DEMAND LP 0035 and 4 pages at the end with concert reports, originally published in the fan magazine "Penniman News", concerning the "Mad Russian" in Octobre 1968.

Of course: Don't expect too much sound quality on every song - but expect historical content !

Kind regards, Olaf
Re: New 2-CD with rare live recordings (Paris, Mad Russian, Boston Tea Party) [message #5681 is a reply to message #5566] Thu, 15 March 2018 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Willem Moerdijk is currently offline  Willem Moerdijk
"Promo for WTBS Radiob (October 12, 1968): THE DISCOPHONIC SCENE - hosted by Jerry Blavat (1966): Introduction, True Fine Mama, Lucille."

This particular version of Lucille presented here, is the same version that can be found on WINS 1013, with an introduction by (supposedly) Alan Freed.

This introduction is absent here,...Why?...Because Alan Freed's voice sounds totally different from that of Jerry Blavat, who introduces the first song?

The two songs do have a similar sound, presented together this way...Except at the end of True Fine Mama, screaming girls can be heard. These can't be heard during Lucille...

Does anyone have any details about the recording date of Lucille on the WINS album?
icon14.gif  Re: New 2-CD with rare live recordings (Paris, Mad Russian, Boston Tea Party) [message #5682 is a reply to message #5681] Sat, 17 March 2018 21:56 Go to previous message
Willem Moerdijk is currently offline  Willem Moerdijk
I have found the answer to my question elsewhere on this Forum.

Found the info in a thread called: "Raw 1966 live in Philly Lucille".

It turns out to have been recorded on a Jerry Blavatt TV show in 1966. NOT on an Alan Freed show in the fifties. Alan's voice has been dubbed over the intro for the WINS 1013 record.

Besides that, it also appeared on the "Live At The Mad Russian" album. Which makes it plausible, some other tracks on that album may be from other sources as well.

(This forum is a great source of info if you have the time to dig into it,..)
Previous Topic: Poor Dog... What version was released on original album?
Next Topic: R.I.P. John Garodkin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 21 20:33:49 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01435 seconds