Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Public Forums » Little Richard » Request to singles' owners (Attempt to clarify a particularities of single's versions of Little Richard's recordings)
Request to singles' owners [message #5658] Tue, 21 November 2017 10:26
RocknRollArchivist is currently offline  RocknRollArchivist
Hi all,
With some friends I'm creating a detailed Little Richard's discography which will take account, among others, of the particularities of Little Richard's recordings released on different ways (on singles and on LP or CD albums): track length, overdubbed or not, etc.
The single's versions still nowadays most obscures. Often the length is not printed on single label, and sometimes the length printed on label is wrong.
An example: "Slippin' and Slidin'" issued on B-side of single Specialty 572 has the printed length 2:10 (whereas the length of LP version is circa 2:40). In fact the single version has the length 2:24, but it came to my knowledge only after having receive an answer from a collector who has this single and who did listen it with a watch in hands (see the comments on 45cat.com).

I have two questions to owners of single Specialty 734 about its A-side "Chicken Little Baby":
a) what is its real length, 1:58 as printed on label (and as the length of overdubbed LP track*) or 1:42 (as the track issued in 1989 on Specialty/Ace boxes)?
b) is it really undubbed as printed on label (vocal & piano only)?
Thanks in advance.

*Note: the LP version of this recording is not only overdubbed, but also edited: 16 seconds were duplicated from original recording (length 1:42) and spliced to it for obtain the length 1:58 (it's my own analyzing).
Previous Topic: Little Richard's worst songs?
Next Topic: He Ain't Never Done Me Nothing But Good
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 21 20:34:29 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00629 seconds