Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Little Richard News forum » Little Richard » DO YOU FEEL IT? (The Second Line) (album version)
DO YOU FEEL IT? (The Second Line) [message #5185] Wed, 25 April 2012 08:11 Go to next message
goodrocking
Good buddy from "back home" (New Jersey) put together a nice burn of Modern Material.

Listening on my Computer through headphones to "Do You Feel It" from the live album, I heard "Thank you. Thank you" at the very end (the fade).

I've been loving that track since 1972, first on 45rpm, then on the Modern album, later that year. Was never sure (in my mind) if the track was live or overdubbed studio.

The "Thank you"(s) were amazing to me.

Around 1980 I finally heard a "clean" 45rpm, ful-version on a French Extended-Play. Terrifuc pressing. Heard no audience or "Thank you"(s) so I assumed it was a studio recording.

Oh yeah...a good buddy from Down Under sent along a copy of thePenniman News a while back, which had an interview with Robert A. Bumps Blackwell about new LR records. He said that "Do You Feel It" was done at the Domino..but I wondered if he mis-spoke.

Anyway...it's fun to hear those Modern sides, in one way or another.
Re: DO YOU FEEL IT? (The Second Line) [message #5188 is a reply to message #5185] Thu, 26 April 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Robinson
Interesting. I think Do You Feel It does have a live, or live-in-studio, sound. If it was recorded in Atlanta, it would presumably have been at a different session from most of the other tracks on the live album.

A great track anyway (especially without the audience overdubbing), with Richard in fine vocal form.

Michael
Re: DO YOU FEEL IT? (The Second Line) [message #5189 is a reply to message #5188] Fri, 27 April 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goodrocking
Walking home before, I wondered the same thing: was DO YOU FEEL IT? live but from a different session? If I recall correctly, the stereo is different on DO YOU FEEL IT (live album).

I still wonder if MOLLY, ANN, SEND ME were from another LR gig..possibly with Hendrix?

Thanks, Beau '12
Re: DO YOU FEEL IT? (The Second Line) [message #5200 is a reply to message #5189] Wed, 02 May 2012 22:39 Go to previous message
Simon White
The Modern tapes contain a number of overdubs for this track.
Previous Topic: God's Beautiful City
Next Topic: Meeting Little Richard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 02 21:20:00 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds